My name is Jennifer Monopoli and I am running for Brookline School Committee. I am a mother of two children who attend the Public Schools of Brookline: my daughter is at the Lawrence School and my son attends the Lincoln School.
I have also been working in public education as an elementary teacher for 15 years in both suburban and urban districts. I have held leadership positions in all of the schools I have worked in and have helped write curriculum in both districts. I truly enjoy teaching and feel passionate about public education.
These experiences give me a unique perspective that prepares me for the challenge of serving on the School Committee. I am running for the Brookline School Committee because I am concerned about the present and future direction of our children’s educational experiences. I am committed to public education, transparency, equity, high expectations for all students, and developing well rounded citizens.
I want to draw from our schools system’s many strengths –
- involved community members,
- supportive parents,
- engaged students and
- highly qualified teachers.
I also want our schools to represent what is important to us as a community.
- More time on learning and less focus on high stakes testing
- Increase focus on creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interdisciplinary time allocations
- Focus on the whole child promoting well citizens
- Transparency on policies, decision making and hiring
- Clearer and fuller explanations to the community on policy matters
- Increased parent and community involvement in leadership hires
- Budgeting and spending that will directly impact students and student learning
- funding teachers and support staff with direct instruction time with students
- smaller class sizes for increased success
- increased support for at risk students
- timely and efficient solutions for overcrowding
- long-term planning and budgeting for updating, repairing and expanding existing buildings, while utilizing MSBA funding
- Protection of recess time
- Providing beneficial physical and mental break time and free play for students which increases student engagement on academic tasks
- Programs and curriculum that focus on the social and emotional needs of learners to
- address the growing problem of bullying
- build a just and caring community
- respect and celebrate diversity
- Equity for all students regardless of race, income, religion, culture and gender identity
- A strong School Committee is responsive to student needs and the needs of the community
Please visit my website www.jennifermonopoli.com or email me to learn more about me and what I stand for. I would be honored to represent the voices of our community on the School Committee. Don’t forget to vote on May 8th! Our community needs your voice and your vote!
Please donate to Jennifer’s campaign:
The Committee to Elect Jennifer Monopoli
c/o 7 Roberts St. #2
Brookline, MA 02445
Donate Online: http://secure.actblue.com/donate/committee-to-elect-jennifer-monopoli-1