The Alliance for Brookline Schools
Please join us for our upcoming forum!
Beyond MCAS: Excellence and Equity in the Brookline Schools
Tuesday, January 30th, from 7 – 8:30 pm
All Saints Parish, 1733 Beacon Street in Brookline
- What is MCAS? Is it required? What is the opt-out movement?
- How has the MCAS changed public education in Brookline?
- What are the facts about MCAS and equity?
- Does my child really need to practice taking standardized tests?
- Does the MCAS enrich or impoverish our children’s experience in the schools?
Hear keynote speakers Jeanette Deutermann and Ricardo Rosa, along with Brookline educators, address these questions and more as they puncture myths about MCAS testing.
You can RSVP here. Childcare is available.
The Alliance for Brookline Schools is a joint project of Brookline PAX, the Brookline Parents Organization, Brookline for Racial Justice and Equity, the Brookline Educators Union, and Citizens for Public Schools.
We will be vetting candidates for school committee and endorsing those who share our vision for progressive and child-centered, public schools.
If you are interested in running for School Committee in May 2018, or if you’d just like to know more, please send us an email!